Thread: Atypical MG ?
View Single Post
Old 03-14-2018, 09:43 AM

5 yr Member

5 yr Member
Default Atypical MG ?

I hope I’m posting in the right section, if not, please move my post.

I’ve been diagnosed with ME/CFS in 2016. It started slowly in 2013, with muscle weakness being my main symptom. I had to stop biking because my legs didn’t have the power to push and the endurance to last. Now I basically can’t do any form of exercise, except very short ones (15 seconds before my muscles can’t go anymore).

Since then the weakness has increased, particularly in the last months. I had a fee days where my neck felt shaky from holding my head. Strange and scary feeling. All of my muscles, any muscle, will get tired after only a few seconds of use. Writing, chewing, holding a pot of coffee or even holding my arm in the air gets too much after 10-15 seconds or even less with repeated use.

I have seen a neurologist in 2015-2016 and he did 2 EMGs on me. One standard and the other one with muscle contractions. All normal.

I don’t have droopy eyelids, at least not one in particular. I feel both my eyes look a little more shut than they should be, always. I don’t have double vision, but I do have troubled vision in both eyes I think, occasionnally when the fatigue increases.

Could this be atypical MG ? I’m wondering if I should ask to be tested some more or just let it rest. If MG, some kind of treatment could help me. ME is untreatable and nobody tries to do anything about this. I’m getting scared. I live alone and must care for myself, which is getting harder.

Thank you !
Dechi is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
AnnieB3 (03-14-2018), ErinBear (03-14-2018)