Thread: Atypical MG ?
View Single Post
Old 03-14-2018, 05:17 PM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Help

Hi, Dechi! I believe you are posting exactly where you should!

ME/CFS does not cause fatigable muscle weakness. Only MG, LEMS, and a CMS do (which are all neuromuscular junction disorders).

From what you are saying, you need to see a neurologist immediately. If you can't get in to see one, a primary doctor can run the Acetylcholine Antibody Tests (binding and modulating antibodies). AND do a clinical exam to determine how weak you are and if your muscles are fatigable.

2016 EMGs are not 2018 EMGS!!! Things change over time, and you obviously need new tests done.

What you are describing by your eyes being shut more is ptosis/droopy eyelids! And the vision issues could very well be double vision. A neuro-ophthalmologist can figure that out. Let doctors figure out what is going on! Don't say you don't have something if you don't know for sure.

If you hold your pointer finger out about a foot in front of your eyes and then bring the finger to your face and back again, how many fingers do you see? One or two? If two, then close one eye and see if the double vision (creating those two fingers out of one) goes away. That's a typical sign of MG double vision.

If you are so bad that your muscles are fatiguing that quickly, you really need to be in an emergency room. Do you mind saying where you live? Someone might be able to point you in the direction of a good neuro/MG expert.

Get yourself some help immediately. I truly suggest a hospital's ER. If you have MG, you can become so bad that you have trouble breathing. Don't be scared about that, just know that you shouldn't wait until you are that bad off.

I don't know if you have MG, but, in your current condition, I do know that you need help NOW! Please let us know how you are doing.

Annie
AnnieB3 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Dechi (03-14-2018)