View Single Post
Old 03-15-2018, 08:16 PM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Help

Wow, that is just nonsense.

If you do have MG, waiting is dangerous. And O2 saturation says absolutely nothing about whether someone has MG!!! That's ignorance showing itself.

Do you know that it takes an average of 1 year for a man to be diagnosed with MG. But it takes an average of 7 years for a woman to be? Yeah, disgusting.

I have no idea if you have MG. But what I do know that waiting—in case you do have MG— is something that a MG expert would not do. They would run the Acetylcholine antibody tests right away.

You have had these symptoms "in the last months," correct? Then the "flu theory" is not in keeping with reality.

If you don't have copies of your records, such as the breathing tests, get copies. There are things that doctors don't tell patients.

Let me try to explain what is meant by fatiguing muscles. Fatiguing, in this instance, means that muscles become weaker. That has nothing to do with sleepiness. Muscles that become weaker and droop means that there is something wrong in the neuromuscular junction. Sure, someone could have static drooping of eyelids, meaning that they don't go up and down. But weakness that fluctuates with activity (repetitive or sustained) is the hallmark of MG.

I hope you will be okay. If not, well, I've given what advice I can. Please know that not all doctors (or even neurologists) "get" MG. They are taught 2 pages about MG in medical school. This is a complex disease and can be easily missed.

Annie
AnnieB3 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Dechi (03-15-2018)