View Single Post
Old 03-17-2018, 10:58 AM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gigicnm View Post
WC law varies from state to state so this does not always hold true. In MA your WC carrier owns your medical care for life so there is no way around their corrupt system.

I once had an IME (requested/paid by the insurance company) with a very well respected hand surgeon. His report agreed with everything my pain doc and hand surgeon said. Once the insurance company saw the report they made him amend it. The main body of the report stayed the same except and addendum that stated he received new information that led him to the conclusion that it was all in my head! I don't know how he can note the color change, etc in my arm, but then state I'm crazy. Apparently I am a magician that can make my arm change color, swell, etc. on demand.

The bottom line is that the WC system in this country is rigged towards the insurance company.
You said it! It is so bad doctors do not want to be involved in WC. In desperation I returned to a doctor I had seen a few times long before CRPS, he’s the one who sent me to the doctor, who diagnosed me with CRPS.

Since he knew me prior to and during,had all the records, old and new xrays, and both my feet/ ankles were flaring- red\ swollen and my rashes were scary he was able to see for himself that the IME was exactly the opposite of how I presented. He even spent time looking at my album of photos- hopefully all will be documented in his report. He refuted that I could walk on my toes and that I did not have an antalgic gait. When I told him that I was criticized by a WC doctor for switching hands when I used the cane, he said it was absurd. My hands are bothering me, too.

And he said we crpsers battle doctors who “don’t believe in CRPS, doctors who don’t think it spreads and doctors who think it goes away.”

He listed the differing temps of my feet. He said that I was too disabled to any kind of job and hugged me-I burst out crying.

But I am still incredibly angry, not just for me, but for everyone who gets treated so shabbily, when they really are in no position to self-advocate.
BioBased is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
bunnehead (03-20-2018), catra121 (03-18-2018), FrankB (03-17-2018)