View Single Post
Old 03-17-2018, 11:16 AM
Newly Joined

5 yr Member
Newly Joined

5 yr Member
Default Difficulty coping with PCS

Hi,
I’m a nurse on a psych unit and have had three head and neck injuries in three months. After the last assault, I had what I thought was a severe pain fog and couldn’t think fast enough or remember things. I’ve had a rapid decline and am having terrible headache pain, spend 95% of my day under my blanket and can’t tolerate noises or hearing people speak. I have a speech delay and just thinking causes so much more pain. I am on SSRIs and trazodone for insomnia pre assaults. My pain is horrific and I’m not able to rest and nrecover and the doc my L/I approved said he wasn’t okay with prescribing me any pain meds because of my psychotropics, risk of serotonin syndrome and cons depression. All of which I get and know. I’m getting worse and can’t stand the pain and my current psychiatrist isn’t preferred for workman’s comp. I’m having behavioral changes too, probably linked with the suspected PTSD which has complicated my concussion course. I have a son with autism who needs me but I can’t tolerate any noise, whisper anything and I know he’s worried about me and unable to communicate it and is actin up including raising voice and pushing ect. I’m having a hard time here.
SunglassesAtNight is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote