View Single Post
Old 07-19-2007, 10:15 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default PD is Bleak! CS is right!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnT2 View Post
Wow, CS! That is a very bleak picture. I am hoping you are wrong. I guess I believe that everything you propose will happen to some people and some of what you propose will happen to all PWP, but that all that you propose won't happen to all Parkinson's people. I agree that we have to withhold most of the real truths about PD from others but only because it serves no purpose. The forum helps when we want to vent. Your post is powerful. I think most readers were hesitant to respond because it is so strong.

Ann
CS is one of my heroes I have found on this forum. If he will keep posting, from where he is, he is living proof of how hard a pwp can fight back. PD leads to a unique form of insanity and there comes a point when like a moth to fire one is drawn into it. It has it's allure. Too much sinamet (as I freeze up having just added 100mg onto the 150mg I should stay with in hope of being on one more time before bed.) I will probably not go dyskinetic as I've been paying the price of being off much of the time trying not to push my threshold over the top.

Cs, you've given years of good advise and support to all pwp. Post when you can. We are listening, whether we like the music or not, and are reminded to do all we can while we can. We can never give up. One thing we have all learned is that when you hit bottom you can only go up. I like that saying "what doesn't kill you makes you stronger." Not that it makes things any easier.

I have changed. The two things I lived for where My Total Independence and My Physical Ability to change the world. Duh? Long gone friend. The way I look at it now is "I'm only working with half a brain, but at least I know it!" Yes the new Me has some good traits; unlimited patience, accepting and enjoying help from other less than perfect individuals, being "an inspiration to all of us" when I find myself still alive in the morning, get out of bed and choose to keep living, and best of all my ability to trick myself into believing there's hope for a cure and trying to do something about it.

I have other heroes like "The White Rats" and Teresa being able to "pull a rabbit out of the hat" and find something that made a big difference for her. Maybe there is hope? PD sucks!

Looking through my dry dry sense of humor I'm a long long way from even considering giving up. Must be the stubborn German in me.
shcg is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote