View Single Post
Old 03-17-2018, 04:48 PM

5 yr Member

5 yr Member

Thanks Vania, I'm sorry to hear about the incident you had yesterday and that's definitely good advice about looking at it with a wider lens perspective.

Ive been trying the self talk techniques and they help but unfortunately this past week has been the worst one symptom wise in a long time. The brain fog and blankness is much worse and the walking is becoming almost unbearable and causes me burning sensations in my head.

What symptoms do you get when you experience a "setback?

Also I have another question that would extend to mark in Idaho if he sees this.
At what point and how much should I be slowing down and cutting down my every day life (going to school, relationships, metro, cars, walking, etc) and just stop everything and rest? Like are you guys sure its safe for me to be continuing my every day routine and normal life which involves daily things like walking, bouncy metro and other unavoidable occasional bumps and jostles that can trigger symptoms?

I'm asking since ive recently learned from someone on another forum that symptoms are indicative of brain inflammation and therefore "minor" every day things that trigger symptoms woulf be damaging since symptoms means inflammation and inflammations means more brain damage if I understand correctly.

Wouldn't that mean that since I'm having trouble with basic stuff like walking I should cease all activity until the inflammation is down, no matter how long that takes? Obviously I don't want to do that but I also don't want to be causing myself constant brain damage that will eventually cause me severe disability and perhaps vegetative state or at the very least to be confined to an assisted living facility. I hoping that I'm wrong and that the doctors are right in saying that my daily routine is not damaging and at most is simply slowing my recovery somewhat but I'm not so sure and I know some people on here, especially Mark, may be more knowledgeable then even most sports med doctors.
BenW is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote