View Single Post
Old 03-17-2018, 10:00 PM
Legendary

15 yr Member
Legendary

15 yr Member

Ben,

PM me with a link to the other forum. Left click on my screen name and select Private Message. I want to see what that person is meaning. Inflammation is a problem with concussions but it does not cause damage without causing other very severe symptoms. The chemical stress from your anxiety is more of a risk.

How many online forums and web sites are you following?

[Obviously I don't want to do that but I also don't want to be causing myself constant brain damage that will eventually cause me severe disability and perhaps vegetative state or at the very least to be confined to an assisted living facility.]

This is a ridiculous idea. If you would visit a brain injury support group and see some people who had to relearn to walk and talk.

I know plenty who would give you a serious talking to for that statement.

One friend took 2 years to learn to walk, a year to relearn to talk. He lives on his own and travels to participate in para-athlete competitions.

Another friend was throw from a car his senior year of high school. He was in a coma for a few weeks. He recovered enough to go to college. It took him 10 years to get a bachelors degree then a masters in counseling. He is a licensed professional counselor. He has a passion to help people with brain injuries but has a full spectrum practice. He has to work extra hard because of his struggles but he is married with a wonderful wife and 2 kids.

What all of these people have in common is quite simple. They refuse top look at the negatives. They are constantly moving forward.

"Be still and know that I am God" Psalm 46:10
Mark in Idaho is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote