View Single Post
Old 03-18-2018, 09:59 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Hi cat1234,

I'm sorry I can't offer any help. I do know for a fact that what I consume can trigger very bad PN symptoms, but I have to be able to isolate what food(s) are involved. I usually only experience when I've been out somewhere and eating a wide variety of "abnormal" foods for me. The worst symptoms I've had in years occurred after eating at a Brazilian steakhouse where there was an entire buffet of appetizers and sides. I'm not even sure what some of the stuff was I sampled.

I also know I'm dealing with some kind of electrolyte problem that will results in horrendous cramping in my feet and legs if things get out of whack. I haven't figured out all those triggers either, although I do know a lot of salt coupled with insufficient hydration will definitely do it. That's not the only involved, though.

Do you have any electrolyte issues that you know of?

janie

Quote:
Originally Posted by cat1234 View Post
Hello all. I have been reading the thread on diet triggers for PN. And I am very discouraged. Has anyone else had neuropathy that has led to gastroparesis (stomach muscle paralysis)? I believe mine has been caused by some kind of vagus nerve dysfunction. The diet for this disease is mostly low fat and low fiber which consists of white rice, potatoes, and other easy to digest foods while severely reducing fresh fruits and vegetables, beans and fats. Since my PN and gastroparesis are not getting better, I am wondering how all this diet can be improved upon to help manage the symptoms?
janieg is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Lara (03-19-2022)