View Single Post
Old 03-18-2018, 11:39 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

It's 3 and a half weeks later.
Eye/pupil had stalled at about twice the diameter of the other one, then after doc said I could stop the Besivance, it continued to reduce to pretty much normal. Pupil is still very slightly off center (it was much more when still dilated) but that's no big deal, in fact it was kind of cool when it was more noticeable.

Surgery was for glaucoma, microsurgery, so it involved threading a surgical tool that is basically like a very long needle through and into my eye to place a tiny shunt (tube) from one chamber of the eyeball through into another, leaving the shunt in place and withdrawing the needle. Hence the need for "massive amounts" of dilation drops to get things in the right position to accomplish proper positioning, and there were probably also drops and an injection or two to temporarily paralyze muscles and stuff, since the slightest movement could mean disaster, and plenty of numbing stuff so I really didn't feel much of any of it. Good idea or not to slop so much stuff in my eye in terms of MG, it was necessary.

Called in at one week after to report, as they had told me to, and got a different doc on the phone who agreed that the extended dilation might be from the Besivance and the MG. But since my pupil was working (responding to light), not a big deal. And, it seems to have come out all right after all.

New symptom has arisen since surgery, which so far no one can explain.
Now, frequently tho not always, when I wake up, even from just a nap in the big easy chair, I find I often cannot open my right eye. It is not stuck shut with gunk, no gunk or anything. My eyelid muscles simply won't move it. It takes a while, 5-10 minutes, for it to "wake up" and open my eye. I can rub/massage around it, and pull my lids open and that seems to help speed up getting it working. But no one knows why this would now be happening.

Haven't use the Besivance in over two weeks. Still using Durezol, which is a corticosteroid drop (difluprednate ophthalmic emulsion, 0.05%) to prevent scarring, which I tend to do excessively, which would completely ruin the surgery and my chance to stop losing my sight.
winic1 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
AnnieB3 (04-12-2018)