View Single Post
Old 03-19-2018, 01:24 PM

5 yr Member

5 yr Member
Default Chiropractic Neurology: Helpful of Sham?

Hi, new to this forum. 50 year old male, otherwise healthy, diagnosed with idiopathic PN a few years ago. Have had it 7 or 8 years, but the early years it was quite manageable. Now both feet are numb and it is heading up both legs so it has my full attention. Like a lot of you, I'm sure, I've researched the crap out of this thing, seen 2 neurologists, tried acupuncture, CBD oil, B12 supplements etc. and nothing has worked. I am hesitant to go for the Lyrica or gabapentin that has been offered. I have seen the videos on chiropractic neurologists across the country and there treatment programs. It seems like they all are pretty similar. Several treatments over a few months, then maintenance treatments, mostly involving instruments to stimulate the nerves or improve circulation. BEMER and Hakomed devices, certain frequency LED lights that sort of thing. Of course, it's not covered by insurance, so it is pricey out of pocket, but my options are dwindling. My question to folks on this Forum, has anyone ever tried one of these programs? They tout 90% success rate, in a least lessening symptoms, if not reversing the nerve damage, but my gut tells me they are taking advantage of desperate folks. Any input from personal experience would be helpful in further vetting this type of program. thx
DWA1 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote