Co-Administrator
Community Support Team

15 yr Member
Co-Administrator
Community Support Team

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenW View Post
My mom had an interesting idea, she said that perhaps the walking sensitivity and sensations in my head started out mild but now that i look for it and focus on it whenever I'm walking and I essentially move around on eggshells with my whole back tense and now that has made it much worse. Not because of physiological reasons but because I've built up so much in my head.

She said maybe if I could convince myself that there was no way waking could actually harm my brain, I would not think about it and it would go away.

I'm not sure I agree but it's plausible, regardless I just want to be able to walk comfortably again, without thinking about it and without it causing me problems, it is truly all I care about and it not being able to do so makes my day to day life a living hell.

I'm also considering moving in with my grandma who lives much closer to my school than I do. This would diminish the travel I would have to do and would reduce the time I have to spend on the awful metro every day.
I think your mom is correct .....moving might be worth a try, and might help you break the cycle of thinking in your head..