View Single Post
Old 03-20-2018, 01:00 AM
Legendary

15 yr Member
Legendary

15 yr Member

Dannyy,

Welcome to NeuroTalk.

I tried to scan your post. A CT Scan would be a waste at this point considering the symptoms you have. Bleeds, when they happen, max for imaging at 72 hours and start to be absorbed soon after that. A CT Scan is like 200 normal X-Rays.

If you developed an intense headache and loss of motor function, especially on one side or started slurring your speech, a run to the ER would be worthwhile. But, your symptoms do not sound like anything beyond a common mild concussion.

I think you should be thinking about a subtle injury to your upper neck. That vertical compression from the bump can cause inflammation that can cause the headaches and such.

You should not be resting at this point. You need to allow your normal sleep cycle to function so you can get quality sleep at normal sleep times. Quality sleep at a proper time will help you more than resting during the day.

You may feel better from laying in bed because you are giving your neck a rest. Icing your upper neck may help.

Check the Vitamins sticky at the top. It has a recipe to make crushable ice packs.

500 mcgs of B-12 is just getting started. Omega 3 fish oil and good curcumin extract would be worth adding.

You do not have PCS. You are recovering from a concussion. 85% recover spontaneously within the first 6 weeks. PCS is a diagnosis for the 15% who do not recover in that time.

Relax, focus on lowering your stimulation, TV, video games, etc. and avoid disrupting your normal sleep time.

And for the future, the extra details don't need to be posted. But, your ability to write such a long post means you are doing very well.

My best to you.

"Be still and know that I am God" Psalm 46:10
Mark in Idaho is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote