View Single Post
Old 03-20-2018, 12:29 PM

5 yr Member

5 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark in Idaho View Post
Dannyy,

Welcome to NeuroTalk.

I tried to scan your post. A CT Scan would be a waste at this point considering the symptoms you have. Bleeds, when they happen, max for imaging at 72 hours and start to be absorbed soon after that. A CT Scan is like 200 normal X-Rays.

If you developed an intense headache and loss of motor function, especially on one side or started slurring your speech, a run to the ER would be worthwhile. But, your symptoms do not sound like anything beyond a common mild concussion.

I think you should be thinking about a subtle injury to your upper neck. That vertical compression from the bump can cause inflammation that can cause the headaches and such.

You should not be resting at this point. You need to allow your normal sleep cycle to function so you can get quality sleep at normal sleep times. Quality sleep at a proper time will help you more than resting during the day.

You may feel better from laying in bed because you are giving your neck a rest. Icing your upper neck may help.

Check the Vitamins sticky at the top. It has a recipe to make crushable ice packs.

500 mcgs of B-12 is just getting started. Omega 3 fish oil and good curcumin extract would be worth adding.

You do not have PCS. You are recovering from a concussion. 85% recover spontaneously within the first 6 weeks. PCS is a diagnosis for the 15% who do not recover in that time.

Relax, focus on lowering your stimulation, TV, video games, etc. and avoid disrupting your normal sleep time.

And for the future, the extra details don't need to be posted. But, your ability to write such a long post means you are doing very well.

My best to you.
Okay I will not got a ct scan. I was just concerned if I had brain swelling. Thanks for the reply Mark. I had an intense headache a couple nights but that was definetly from using to many electronics too soon.

As for my neck, I just recently began having symptoms a few nights ago. It wasn’t for a week after until I started to get neck aches. I honestly thought it was from just sleeping wrong. I iced my head where it hit the ceiling twice in the first 48 hours. I’m going to ice my neck and see if it helps at all.

My sleep schedule is very weird I haven’t been able to fall asleep at my regular times anymore. I’m not sure why I have a problem falling asleep now, is it okay if I add a small amount of melatonin? I’m going to be checking the vitamin sticky as well. One other question about the vitamins, is it okay if I am adding fish oil, turmeric (curcumin extract), and bromelain all together. I’m pretty sure they’re all blood thinners. I should be totally fine though, I’m sure.

Thanks for clearing up the PCS for me I wasn’t too sure about that at all. And I was laying in bed during the day the past few days because my light sensitivity was very very bad. It’s got significantly better since though, it’s a night and day difference now. I’m healing!

I’ve been relaxing as much as I can and also listening to some calming music. I found that it helps whenever I headache comes about. And yes I’m sorry about the long detailed post. Thanks again!

~Danny
Dannyy is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote