View Single Post
Old 03-20-2018, 09:15 PM
Magnate

10 yr Member
Magnate

10 yr Member

Eva,
Not sure how I would manage without my Faith in God. When I was pre-teen girl; my mother worked nights; parents separated a few times before the last time when I was 11, my Dad left. My Dad stayed in my life. I was often left alone with my who is brother is 3 1/2 yrs. older than me. He was very temperamental; and still is (Never married all he has is my 3 children who look after him since my mother died in 2002).

The Church was only a block from our apartment and was open 24 hrs daily with the Blessed Sacrament exposed. I would go many nights by myself and just sit in Church.....That really helped me since I was fairly depressed even as a child......

Today, I feel those years have instilled the desire and faith I have. I go to church weekly. There are many chapels next to Churches that are now having the Blessed Sacrament exposed 24 hrs. Will drop in for a time now and again just to sit there. Of course talk to Him; but often just quiet so I can listen to God. It is so calming.

I know you are a woman of deep faith. Maybe you and little Eva might just drop in and sit for a while. Feel the calm knowing you are in His presence and really not alone.

You and your family are in my daily prayers..

Gerry
ger715 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
eva5667faliure (03-21-2018), PamelaJune (03-21-2018)