View Single Post
Old 03-20-2018, 10:38 PM

5 yr Member

5 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark in Idaho View Post
Gabeabebartlett,

Welcome to NeuroTalk.

I have no idea what a calf raise is. I assume you did some sort of jump. Did you jerk your head? Did you land on your heals?

I'm confused about your whole post. Why are you taking an anti-seizure med?

What kind of 'concussion therapy'?

What is a home hospital teaching plan? Does that mean you are doing school work at home? Why can't you go to school?

Besides the headache that has subsided recently, what other symptoms do you have?

What makes you think this? "I'm 16 and with no hopes of living the life I wanted I'm scrambling to get myself healed for college."

What have you done to reduce the risk of head impacts?

fyi, Nobody ever heals completely from a concussion. Most will recover from the obvious symptoms. Some are more susceptible to later impacts. Some will have more intense symptoms. Research suggests everybody will be less tolerant of stress of all kinds. You need to consider reducing your risk of future impacts.
Yes I did a small jump. I landed on my heels. I am taking anti-siezure medication as a headache preventative that may be working. The concussion therapy I'm doing is called ocular and vestibular therapy. The Home/Hospital teaching plan means I do my work exclusively from home and I have a teacher that comes periodicly to teach me. I can't go to school because of the symptoms that are aggravated there. Well the headache is back now; but other than that I have blurred vision, black spots in my vision, a hard time concentrating, drowsiness and insomnia, dizziness, and pressure in head and sinuses. The reason I think "I am 16 and with no hopes of living the life I wanted I'm scrambling to get myself healed for college" is because I wanted to join the marines and now my head is too sensitive to go into a profession like that. So my backup is physical therapy which I need to get to college for. I've stopped doing any sports or physical activity, limiting going out and not going to school. I am also being aware of my surroundings and alert of things hanging down that might smack me in the head to keep myself from setting myself back. All of the questions you've asked are answered in order.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk
Gabeabebartlett is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote