View Single Post
Old 03-21-2018, 01:59 AM

5 yr Member

5 yr Member

Okay I wasn’t sure about the Tylenol, thanks. I will look into the enteric Aspirin tomorrow during the day. Yeah I know how important it is to ice on and off and keep cycling from several sports related injuries in the past. That makes a lot of sense from what you said about the inflammation it’s blocking good blood flow and also nerve function, because when I try to relax my neck has been aching a little bit when I lie down now or just kind of lounge on the sofa.

I made the homemade ice packs you recommended I have 3 in the freezer now solidifying. I’m going to be using them tomorrow. The ice did help the soreness of the side of my neck and towards the bottom I only got to do it twice tonight, but I can’t wait to use these ice packs I like the idea that it’s not the blue gel kind. Those burn my skin bad when they start to leak.

What about heat, Stay away? I have an electric heating pad, but I currently don’t have access to moist heat like a hot tub other than the bath tub which I’m kind of to big for. I’m going to be doing 15 on 30 off cycling with the ice packs tomorrow for sure especially when a headache comes about.

I also read throughout the whole vitamin sticky you made and I had some of items listed already, I also purchased a few today. Very good information in there!! I’ll post my regimen tomorrow to see if it could use any adjustments

I’m going to be taking things easy and slowly getting back to everything. I went out today for a little while, I do see myself gaining some progress which I’m pretty happy about. And you’re right about the stress, I’m going to take things slow but still move on with work and everything.

I think everything’s going to be closed out here for tomorrow since we have another big storm hitting. I assume it’s alright to just do light shoveling around the yard? Nothing major, if i do I’ll just be working slower than normal of course. And yes I thought that wasn’t a good idea, I’m not going to be snowmobiling anymore this year. I wish, but I need to take it easy until I fully recover I just can’t take that chance of something happening.

I have a couple PT locations that will most likely be happy to treat me. I think they just passed a law recently in NJ I believe where you don’t need a prescription for PT either? I’m not positive, but that’s what I’ve heard.

I can give the last PT I was at last year a call and try to schedule a consultation. My range of motion is great, I’m just kind of sore and have minor aches in my neck if you know what I mean. It’s sore lower towards my back as well upper I can’t really explain it.

Yeah I believe the school league still only has just a trainer, but I’m not sure maybe it’s changed in the last couple years. (I’m 23 years old). I live in Northern New Jersey in Bergen County. The only concussion clinic that’s kind of close to me that I found is located in Hackensack. (About a 25 min ride) I haven’t called yet, I believe they are a pediatric concussion clinic but I’m not positive.

If you can find one for me that participates in straight Medicaid that’d be awesome man, I’d really appreciate that Mark!

Thank you,
Danny
Dannyy is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote