View Single Post
Old 03-21-2018, 11:25 AM

5 yr Member

5 yr Member
Post Month 8 of PCS....Symptoms still popping up.

I've been reading these boards for a couple months now and would like to tell my story and see what others think:

I had a bicycle accident resulting in my left forehead smacking into the pavement this past August. I was wearing a helmet, but unfortunately I hit right underneath the helmet.

I was diagnosed with a concussion and my symptoms seemed to clear up after about 10 days and so I resumed exercise and went for a run. The next day I woke up feeling foggy and headaches began. Since then, I've had zero days without symptoms, though some days are better than others.

In January I began to notice other consistent symptoms popping up like Tinnitus, Tingling in my feet and double images when looking at lights. I noticed the tingling and tinnitus the day after having a chiropractic adjustment. Could this be related?

My headaches are not quite as persistent as they were a few months ago, but I still get massive headaches when I am overstimulated or don't get enough sleep and almost always have a low grade headache.

I've since seen a Neuropsychologist and Neurologist and have been on a low dose of Amitryptiline for several weeks to help break up the headaches. The neurologist told me that the tingling may be from a virus and not part of my PCS.

My tinnitus also seems to be getting louder and my vision has not cleared up. I have not had any imaging tests done, but wonder if they could help diagnose and rule out any major problems.

I'm also curious if these problems could be related to a neck injury sustained during my fall and how I would go about treating it. I have done some neck exercises and chiropractic adjustments since my accident with limited help.

Any thoughts and advice would be appreciated. I never thought I'd still be in this condition 8 months after my accident and would love to get back to my old self!

Thanks!
lb2k04 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote