View Single Post
Old 03-21-2018, 12:40 PM

5 yr Member

5 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark in Idaho View Post
Gabe, Some therapists push too much therapy too soon. That can be taxing on the system. Have you had any blood work done? Thyroid and hormones plus B-12, folate, magnesium, D-3, and more are all worth checking.

The common drug for concussion headaches and insomnia is low dose amitriptyline or nortriptyline before bed.

Do you rest or nap during the day? Many think this is good but it is not. You should try to sleep at normal times so your sleep cycle functions properly. A few minutes of eye rest during the day is OK.

As Jo*mar said, your neck is an important issue with a concussion. A subtle neck injury can make concussion symptoms worse or even be the trigger for those symptoms.
I haven't gotten any blood work done. I'll look into a way to getting some for the things you listed. I tried the amitrytaline and it didn't help me at all. I also tried Prednesone to help the headaches and it didn't help either. I do rest during the day and I'm glad you brought that up. I'll take that into account and not take any naps so I can improve my sleep schedule. I am working as well as having people work on my neck to help loosten the muscles.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk
Gabeabebartlett is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote