View Single Post
Old 03-22-2018, 03:28 AM
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member

Brokenfriend, good for you and your NP for keeping pressure on the medical team and paying attention to detail. They are not without fault although they can sometimes think they are. I have always said we have to be our own advocate when it comes to our health.....both mental and physical.

I learned real quick when I was diagnosed with MS in 2005 that I had to be the one to keep up with my health and not be afraid to speak up when I thought something was wrong or could be done in a better or different way.

You deserve a team of doctors that you can have confidence in....not have to constantly double check to make sure they're doing things correctly. Maybe if they know you have the option to rate their services to you, and the hospital will know that you're not satisfied with them, they will step up their game and treat you with the respect you deserve.
These forums are for mutual support and information sharing only. The forums are not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment provided by a qualified health care provider. Always consult your doctor before trying anything you read here.
"Thanks for this!" says:
bizi (03-22-2018), Brokenfriend (03-22-2018), Dmom3005 (03-22-2018), Mari (03-23-2018), mymorgy (03-22-2018), OhKay (03-22-2018)