View Single Post
Old 03-22-2018, 01:04 PM
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member

Brokenfriend, I was thinking about the aftercare situation. The hospitals here in GA have social workers that help facilitate care after you leave the hospital. Depending on what you need and what you're recovering from they can help you determine just what kind of facility or what kind of home care would be the best option.

When I was in the hospital a year ago once I was discharged I spent 28 days in a rehab to learn how to walk again. I still was very unsteady when my 28 days were up and I couldn't live by myself so my kids found an assisted living community and that is where I've been since August of last year. I've got to make other arrangements and get out of here because it is SO expensive. Insurance and Medicare does not pay for assisted living. Unless you have long term care insurance it's all your responsibility.

Maybe you could check with the hospital you're having your surgery in and see what their policy is for assisting patients with their care after being discharged. I cannot imagine a hospital not helping a patient with that.
These forums are for mutual support and information sharing only. The forums are not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment provided by a qualified health care provider. Always consult your doctor before trying anything you read here.
"Thanks for this!" says:
bizi (03-22-2018), Brokenfriend (03-22-2018), Dmom3005 (03-22-2018), Mari (03-22-2018), mymorgy (03-22-2018), OhKay (03-23-2018)