Thread: Managing stress
View Single Post
Old 03-25-2018, 08:46 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Becca71 View Post
Deep breaths are the best at releasing stress. Pay attention to your shoulders. Are you "wearing them as earrings:??" Make sure to keep your shoulders down where they belong. And just plain don't over-do it. Which is often the hardest one of all.

Three year olds are the hardest, I feel your pain there! On that all you can do is be firm, set limits, and don't crack (give in) no matter how much you want to. That said, saying no all the time doesn't work either. So pick your battles. Ask yourself if its worth the fight before you get into it. Keep her busy, so she has less to get into it with you about. Do you have a way to get her out of the house?

Good luck!
Yes...having a 3 yr old puts a good deal of stress on me...though not as much as many other things. Mostly what I stress out about has nothing to do with her or her behavior though...it's more my being upset or disappointed that I can't do more for her and general stress as a mom (like do I take her to the ER for the cut on her chin, did she eat enough of the right stuff today, is she getting everything she needs from me, etc). She's a really good kid...prone to normal threenager mood swings and such but they usually pass quickly and only stress me out if they are going to make us late to daycare or something like that...if we're just at home I let them run their course and stay positive because really in hind sight they are usually hilarious. I definitely pick my battles with her and, although my husband seems frustrated by it, I will watch movies with her a few times a day because I need to be able to chill for a while (we also read 20-30 books a day and all sorts of other stuff so it's not like I use the tv as a babysitter...but a chance for me to not have to be "on" constantly for her). And I am not above using fruit snacks as a way to get what I need from her...lol.
catra121 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
BioBased (03-27-2018)