View Single Post
Old 03-26-2018, 03:58 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Hi. Curious. Just wondering if Benzodiazepine withdrawal would affect my post concussion recovery badly? If anyone knows.

Benzodiazepine withdrawal syndrome - Wikipedia

I'm thinking about when i'm going to start quit with a tapering plan and reduce until i quit. Been 8 months since i hit my head now, and still not fully recovered. Dizzy from time to time.

I'm guessing if i do it the right way and quit slowly the mind and body will get used to it, and it might not be that bad if i sleep good. Because sleep is the most important part of healing, and withdrawal could effect that, and the brain goes through allot then if one don't get enough sleep. Even though i have read about some quitting and had quite a pain/struggle with it, but felt so much better in the end.
If i would sleep good without it, that would be awesome.
I have had sleeping "medication" for many many years now, and i want to quit and become free of it. I have put it all *on hold* until my symptoms are gone, and that *might also be smart*, though. If i did not hit my head i would had started quitting at the beginning this year. Might take a year or more until the withdrawal symptoms are gone i'm guessing.

That is my goal anyways! And when i quit, if it goes well, i will go to the gym allot and try to exercise more, like every day when i'm free later on. Quit smoking two years ago, and that felt good! This was my next goal, but of course i had to hit the back of my head hard on concrete. Hmm. **** happens.
If i get free of this poison i have taken for this long, i would feel allot better at the end of that tunnel. (Also antidepressants medicine which i want to be without and have taken it for 7 years now which should be taken before sleep also, but i will quit with that after the benzo.) I want to drink water, eat good and workout without any poison in my body later on.

My brain and body would thank me when i'm free from withdrawal! Just not sure if it's a good time to "soon" after the accident, or if i should wait a while. I still have symptoms with dizziness sometimes, etc.

What do you think would be the best? If anyone knows that is. Just curious on how it could affect the recovery, or if it's worth it in a few months or perhaps wait until january next year, then i should be feeling better, so it could be smart to wait a while also.. Well, now i need to sleep soon, it's in the middle of the night. Will check in another time. Thanks.

edit: I will think about this on my own, and do some research about it. Guessing it could be a bad move, and it could be better if i wait for a while until my symptom are gone, even though i want to get free of "supporting" the Pharmaceutical industry, which i don't want to do anymore. Benzo's are not healthy to say the least, and if i had the knowledge on it back then i would had said no to even taking it.

Drug harmfulness - Wikipedia

Last edited by temporary; 03-27-2018 at 11:26 AM.
temporary is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote