View Single Post
Old 03-27-2018, 08:34 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Could being on steroid interfere with MuSK test?

If I am using a steroid nasal inhaler for allergies, and am at maximum dosage right now because the trees just popped in my area, could that interfere with the MuSK test?

Had started it at lower dose some weeks ago, anticipating spring, (since it can take up to two weeks to kick in) and with recent warmer weather and the start of itchy eyes and ears, I just went up to full strength, and will stay there for a month or so until the tree pollen drops.

Suddenly, last night and this morning, I am having no problems breathing. Not "no allergy problems", it's no "elephant sitting on my chest" problems. Really weird. I haven't felt this good in years (and I do go through the allergy thing every spring, have not noticed this before, I mostly just itch and sneeze, all up in my head).

Which makes me wonder if the steroid of the allergy inhaler is doing something, which makes me wonder if it would interfere with the MuSK test?

I have fought my insurance for 14 months to get approval for the MuSK test, just finally got it, and now I'd sure hate to blow my one chance because of something like allergy medicine.

Can anyone tell me anything about this question?
winic1 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
AnnieB3 (04-03-2018)