View Single Post
Old 03-27-2018, 08:47 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Yes, when I was first diagnosed with profound PN, I did lots of research and found the correlation with Fluoroquinolones. And I had taken them intensively over a 3 year period due to chronic UTIs (once prophylacticaly for 3 months!).

In my case, however, I don't think Fluoroquinolones are the cause of my PN. even tho' I did take them before the diagnosis. That is because I have an Immune Disorder (CVID), which attacks my organs/systems, and before I took any Fluoroquinolones I already had damage to my moisture producing system (Sjogren's), Meniere's, and the UTI's were due to damage to my bladder (Interstitial Cystitis).

Since the diagnosis of profound PN, in 2010, I have developed Small Fiber Neuropathy (severe) and gastro-intestinal neuropathy.

The prevailing theory from my Duke Immunologist is that my Immune System attacks me, causing the extensive damage that plagues my life.

There are lawsuits against the manufacturers of Fluoroquinolones, and my heart goes out to those who have suffered as a result of these antibiotics. I do believe that the PN that results is not reversible.

Regards, ElaineD
ElaineD is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote