View Single Post
Old 03-28-2018, 06:23 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by floridaman View Post
Thanks for the replies!
Have you been diagnosed with SFN? Punch biopsy maybe?
Have you found anything that helps, other than narcotics?
OK, my diagnosis of SFN (which is severe, like my skin is on fire, my face, arms, hands and finger tips are affected) was made by my neurologist without any testing.

I have profound Peripheral Neuropathy, which was diagnosed with EMG nerve conduction testing, in 2010 and 2013, and I have several other neuropathic conditions, so I think just based on what I was experiencing was enough for the diagnosis.

I take 3600 mg of gabapentin every day, and most of the SFN is controlled. I still have numbness, tingling, and a sensation sunburn in my lower face, lips and tongue.

I wear braces on my lower legs, and walk with a walker (this is PROFOUND Peripheral Neuropathy) and when I take off my braces and get into bed, the bottom of my feet buzz, tingle and hurt like when you hit your 'crazy bone'. That lasts for about 3 minutes, and then it is gone.

I had to buy new sheets, because I had very high count Egyptian Cotton sheets, but they weren't really smooth, and my face was irritated by the pillow cases. So I bought lower thread count Pima Cotton, Sateen finish) and they feel cool and soothing. I just realized that I should have just gotten new pillow cases! Oh well

Best of luck and finding solutions to your problems with SFN.

Regards, ElaineD
ElaineD is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote