View Single Post
Old 03-29-2018, 03:29 PM
N/A

8 yr Member
N/A

8 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DWA1 View Post
I took Cipro and Flagyl in combination while suffering from Diverticulitis several years ago. I had many attacks in a one year period and was on these antibiotics for 3 weeks during every attack. I had no side effects from the drugs at the time (no quick onset), and surgery eventually provided relief from the DV, but over time, my PN came on and then progressed. I often wonder if the antibiotics were the cause? I have no way of knowing, but I do know that those medications saved my life during the attacks. If they were the cause of the PN, I suppose it's the price I had to pay...
There are many issues we'll never know about if we hadn't done this or that...I am forever wondering if I had not had a hip replacement how would I be today...I often regret this surgery, but it must have been bad to do it. I live with a lot of damage 7 yrs out. I was doing good 5 months out but all went downhill.

Cipro and company have pretty bad reputations. Feel better and keep healthy on your own as much as you can...it's the way to go.
caroline2 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote