Thread: Antipsychotics
View Single Post
Old 03-31-2018, 09:26 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danielson View Post
Antipsychotics did a lot of damage to my brain.
After taking them I started to experience very severe cognitive problems, much worse than before, I'm basically unable to do any thinking and I cannot string a coerhent sentence together while trying to speak.
I also started to have total anedhonia, basically I cannot feel pleasure in any way, not even with sexual activities.

The psychiatrist tell me that is impossibile to suffer a concussion without losing consciousness so my cognitive struggles (both the actual ones and the ones before taking antipsychotics but after the car crash) must be imaginary.

At the same time, I have found a neurologist who is not knowledgeable about antipsychotics but believes that my cognitive impairmente may be due the car crash and he ordered an MRI with tensor diffusion, I will do it in a couple of weeks.

It is reliable to see if I suffered a concussion in the car crash?
Or it is possible that damage will not show up on it?
That’s good he knows about DTI but unless you have severe TBI, decent chance concussion symptoms won’t show up on MRI. My MRI with DTI didn’t show anything and I have vision issues and the classic PCS symptoms.

My dr wanted me to try 25mg seroquel. My pain and fog are really bad which leads to suicidal ideation. I’m going to pursue hormone therapy and go that route before I try it. I don’t think it will lead to the clarity I’m seeking.
todayistomorrow is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote