View Single Post
Old 04-01-2018, 04:15 PM

5 yr Member

5 yr Member
Default Tingling Sensation after 3rd Shot

Hi everyone,

I'm new here and I just finished my 3rd rabies vaccine shot 5 days ago. Ever since, I've been feeling tingling sensations on my left hand and because of it, I've had a lot of anxiety and am feeling pretty stressed out about it. Finding this forum was a huge relief for me and I'm hoping that it'll continue to help me find peace of mind!

For those of you who have experienced these tingling sensations, how would you describe them? And would you say that the location of your shot (i.e. whether you had it on your left or right arm) impacts the place at which the tingling sensations start? I had my last Imovax shot on my left arm. However, the sensations seem to have started close to where the bite was (in my palms, close to the base of my left thumb), but now I can feel them every now and then, along the edges of my palms and close to the base of my fingers. I do have tingling sensations occasionally on my right hand and both of my feet, but it is not as frequent.

Also, for those of you who have done titers, how far along in your treatment did you get your blood test? My doctor initially recommended against doing a titer for antibodies, saying that if it comes back negative, then it could simply mean that my body is taking longer than average to created the IgG and that it would be a source of severe stress for me. However, after seeing how anxious I was about this whole ordeal, he said that we should probably do it 3 weeks after my last shot. Is that in line with what you've experienced?

Just a bit of background, I was bit by a stray cat (it was not unprovoked, as a few of my classmates and I were petting it). The cat seemed pretty affectionate, as it was rubbing its body against our legs, but it may have been overstimulated by all the attention when it bit me on my left hand. Although there was no puncture wound, there were 2 pink lines (which disappeared the next day). I was still freaked out about it, so I started PEP immediately (within 3 hours of the incident) with rabies vaccine injections (along with HRIG), another on Day 3, 7 and I will have my last one in 2 days.
Hope21 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote