View Single Post
Old 07-20-2007, 02:25 AM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member

Hi David,
I just wanted to check back with you.
I know your feeling of enjoying the reward to work, your job. I was in law enforcement, PA.'s first female municiple police Chirf. I worked years to be hired, had to fight discrimination, then excelled until an underage driver hit me and robbed me of my career.

I had to retrain, or rather I had a terrible time reinventing myself. Two years and great chronic pain psych that supported me, I finished my BA in Criminal Justice and sociology. I wanted to teach part time at local Jr college...hitting the discrimination and political powers to be there again.
But, I do work part time, I am a visitation caseworker. I monitor visits between parents and estranged children, or those that are deemed by the court unable to see their children unsupervised for many reasons.

I am now considering and looking into a program to be certified as a child advocate. I feel if I am going to be in this field I at least want to use my education and experience to help the kids caught in all this mess.

I am so restricted in my program as we are non-theraputic. But, with advocasy, I can really help....

So I thought maybe not wanting to leave your job, that maybe there is a stepping stone to take to another position using your skills, maybe even in a new and improved way.

I morned my job for eyars, I could not accept I lost it all....Now at 52 I accept it is getting to rough out there for an older fart like me. I am better off helping my kids, and maybe yet someday to teach....or perhaps advocate for the courts for these kids.

Just thinking of you and saying a prayer for reduced stress and peace in your life.
Di

Pocono area, PA