View Single Post
Old 04-02-2018, 06:17 AM

5 yr Member

5 yr Member
Default post concussion syndrome, brain clicking - lions mane?

Dear forum,

I have been a long term lurker mainly making use of the search function, which has helped no end.

However I have a weird one and was hoping some one might be able to shed some light or has experienced similar.

I have had a fair few blows throughout my life, mainly due to racing bikes. I have been suffering from pcs symptoms for about 10months after 3 blows to head in 3 weeks (1 on a bike 2 freak accidents)

I maybe having a break through with supplementing or maybe its just a good week but this has happened.

I have always read good things about lions mane mushrooms, even before this condition. about 4 months ago tried some that were rated well on ebay. which gave me horrendous migraines for 3 days. so I was put off for a while and have been using. magnesium,zinc,tumeric,black pepper, vit d and b12 and cbd. All of these seem to help a bit with fatigue and relaxing (cbd) but a few weeks ago after a major relapse I was very depressed and felt like I had made no progress in the whole 10 months.

I then did some research and bought the most expensive lions manes capsules I could find from host defence.

I have taken them for about a 10 days. at a higher dose than recommended spread out over the day.

over the weekend I had to deal with a highly stressful and physical issue, the pontoon which is the access to my boat, I live on sank in a storm with my Mum on board! so this previously would have been impossible to resolve and even trying would have brought on major problem and a huge relapse. However I handled it. Then I waited for the relapse... it didn't come.. I still had some symptoms but nothing major.. then for the first time last night when I went to bed. I did not get the pounding pressure in my head which would usually keep me up all night. Instead there was a intermittent clicking sensation. That felt like it was come internally where I hit my head last with a windlass (metal bar) for opening canal locks. This is where most of the pain seems to resonate from and is triggered by many things but now seems so much better! long story short, has anyone else had any clicking sensations due to repair? or lions mane?

Thanks Rich
HempHappy is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote