View Single Post
Old 04-03-2018, 12:35 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Yes, I also have similar issues. It seems to come on differently and progress differently for everyone. Mine came on pretty suddenly almost 4 years ago during a period of extreme stress in my life, then stabilized and got somewhat better (but is still there).

There are so many things that can cause this, and many times (like in my case), you never find out what the root cause is. Still, you should see a neurologist to have a full workup done, to see if they can find a cause that may be treatable. (Diabetes and alcoholism are two common and treatable causes.)

For me, I take a low dose of Gabapentin, and try to maintain a healthy overall lifestyle. (Diet, exercise, stress management, and certain supplements may help.)

I also wear shoes that are wider then normal and have a large toe box to minimize contact in the sensitive areas. I also really like shoes with a thick memory foam insole (a lot of Sketcher brand shoes have them). I also find that wearing thick, soft socks, and turning them inside out so the smoother side is in helps. My favorite are the thick white athletic socks from Costco.

(Sometimes it is necessary to give up fashion in favor of comfort.)

Best of luck finding some relief.
Ragtop262 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote