View Single Post
Old 07-20-2007, 03:35 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Thank you all so much for replying to my messages I really appreciate it. Since posting my message yesterday I have had another couple of brief 'episodes'. Both times it starts with my eyes fluttering and then an arm starting to twitch and my face contorting a little. Again I have no sense of fear or anxiety. I view them with mild amusement really. If I am with someone, as I was last night, I just try to carry on talking and laugh and joke. And if I am on my own, I just watch TV or lie down till it passes.

I guess the feeling that I have right now is not worry, anger or fear. I just feel determined to find out what is going on. I don't mind if the reason behind the fits is psychological or physical, I just want to know what it is that is going on, so that I can work on dealing with it effectively.

Lizard - I think you're right about my neuro, I am trying to get other opinions. And smoking I will definately try and stop (can't promise I won't have the occasional one here or there though!)

Consider This - Your message was really kind. Anemia is not something that runs in my family, and although I don't want to go into detail about my mums depression, the reasons behind it, were a whole series of absolutely terrible things that happened in her life. I looked up about B12 and many of the symptoms that a deficiency can cause I have. However, the only problem is that looking at the products that contain B12 I would definately meet my daily allowance. For example I drink quite a lot of milk (seriously, if they served it in bars I would drink it!), but I will see about getting some of the lozenges.

jo55 - Yes it was a brain CT scan that they did, and it didn't show anything. I am having an MRI scan next week, so maybe that will show something, but the doctors don't think it will because the tests haven't shown anything so far.

Again thanks for your replies guys, and if anyone else has any ideas please let me know,

David
daster is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote