View Single Post
Old 04-04-2018, 06:14 PM

5 yr Member

5 yr Member
Default Thanks for the welcome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Batbite24 View Post
Glad you found this community, and welcome to a small, exclusive group you never wanted to join. Take a deep breath, hope for the best, and realize that each person's experience may be a bit different. The great majority of us have come through and are much better. Improvement takes a long time, and sometimes things get worse before real improvement sets in. My bat bites were in the back and palm of my right hand, the tingling and burning began in the palms of both hands, and eventually the feet, it all has to do with the nerves being affected not so much by the bite as by the vaccine. I can't address your titer questions as I never had a titer done. Hopefully other veteran posters are still checking in and will contribute. The anxiety can be horrendous, and I think some of it is a natural response to a truly frightening situation, and some of it is neurological caused by the vaccine. Hope it doesn't get too bad for you. For me it was like riding out a hurricane in a rowboat, but that storm has passed. I'm now 15 months out and doing well. At this point I'd call it tiny setbacks and large improvements. I'm much stronger, less fatigued, and have only tiny little reminders of this whole experience when I really push myself very, very hard physically. Hang in there, and hopefully the course this runs with you will be mild. We're here for you.
Thanks for the welcome, Batbite! I've been doing better and am glad to hear that you're doing well. I saw a doctor who specializes in Infectious Diseases yesterday and he reminded me again of the effectiveness of the vaccines, which seemed to calm me down a lot more. He did say that the tingling sensations could be a result of anxiety. While I know most of us probably hate the idea that "it's all in our head", he did say something to the degree of - how you feel when you're stressed can cause the spinal cord to send signals down to your hands and fingers, resulting in the tingling.

Thanks again for the support and I'm hoping we all get through this!
Hope21 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote