View Single Post
Old 07-20-2007, 05:04 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default welcome

Howdy bro!

Sorry I wasnt around sooner to say howdy, but that ugly RSD monster been kickin my ****. You really did find the best place to come for support, and never worry about ranting and raving. It is better to do it here then take it out on those around you, even though sometimes it is hard to be nice lol.

I totally know where your coming from, my family was waaay spoiled! We had a 20 acre ranch with 2 homes on it. New cars, with one of them being a plymouth prowler, and the wife and kids used shopping as therapy lol.

Lost it all because of this dreaded monster. The creditors were threatening to hurt me, and I would just laugh at them....if they only knew hahahahaha!

One of the ways that I got my family to believe me, is by having my daughter research RSD for me. Told her I wasnt feelin well, and the doctor had said there was no cure. Well she was heart broken after reading the stories, and she is actually the one that found the forums for me. She also swayed my wife into reading some of the stories, and now my wife is totally understanding.

We did move into the smaller place in the worse neighborhood. At first it was culture shock, but we are getting used to it. For me the hardest thing of all was dealing with how I am dragging everyone down the path of desolation with no light at the end of the tunnel. Even told my wife that I release her of any obligations to me, as I know it must be terrible to find out your rosey life is a thing of the past. She wouldnt hear of it though.

I still wrestle with the idea of not being able to change the circumstances, and sometimes feel down right aweful. Hopefully the SSI will come through someday, and I will once again have a couple coins to rub together.

Anyways, you come in here and vent all you want. We will listen and support you, and you will save the smiles for your family

Gone Squatchin
allentgamer is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote