View Single Post
Old 04-06-2018, 08:30 AM
Newly Joined

5 yr Member
Newly Joined

5 yr Member
Default Burning and itchy legs after exposure to cold weather

Hi,
This is my first post here, so I hope this is the right place.
About 3 weeks ago I visited northern Sweden. One evening I went outside to watch the northern light. It was about -20 degrees C (-4 F) cold, but very dry air and calm. Went back inside after about 30-40 minutes.

My legs where red all over and after a while the skin started to feel like needles. The day after I only had a few patches of red skin left but I had a burning sensation and trouble wearing pants.

Today, I still get the burning sensation, and my skin get itchy when I wear pants. I have visited several nurses and doctors, and get different answers all the time. First it was cold urticaria (allergic to the cold), next dry skin, and now Livedo Reticularis. I do have some patterns on my legs that resembles Livedo, but as I understand that should not cause any burning skin sensation.

I have read about other people had similar symptoms, but they disappeared after maybe a few hours, not weeks. Anyone else with similar experience? Could it be nerve damage, e.g. neuropathy? On the other hand I was outside the evening before without any symptoms.
mw69 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote