View Single Post
Old 04-11-2018, 12:11 PM

5 yr Member

5 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark in Idaho View Post
bmf07,

Welcome to NeuroTalk.

You don't explain this hypoxic event so I am with the doctor. I do not believe you suffered a brain injury. You would have lost consciousness if the brain was truly hypoxic. Even if you were unconscious, it takes much longer than a minute to cause brain damage.

I think you need to look at other events or maybe something else that happened at the time of the event you called hypoxic. Was there a traumatic event? What other things were going on? What high stress events were going on?

It sounds like you are having a severe anxiety reaction to some trigger. What have you been reading? Have you been researching brain issues? Did you see a presentation of a brain injury? Did you experience an emotional trauma?

I suggest you seek out a neuro-psychiatrist or maybe a neuro-psychologist for an assessment.

I have been in a situation where the repeating symptoms were prolonged. They were not caused by a recent brain injury. It took weeks before meds took effect because those meds are slow to take effect.

I suggest you read the Vitamins sticky at the top. A psychiatrist got me started on a similar regimen many decades ago. It can help with head injuries and/or severe stress issues.

Hi Mark,
Thank you for your response. The event I call hypoxic was that I was strangled. And I believe I had a concussion too. My doctor did send me to concussion rehab but they were unable to help me as I have no balance issues, no sensitivity to light, no headaches, and no memory issues whatsoever. I did have high anxiety for the 2 to 3 weeks after the incident as I was very worried about the ringing in my ears. However I’ve been on anxiety medicine for over 3 weeks now and that anxiety feeling I used to get has completely went away. I’ve done hours of research on my own and found some articles that say brain damage can take days or weeks to appear because brain cells begin to slowly die. I also began researching the parts of the brain and found that brain stem damage can result in ears ringing (which I still have) it also affects the bodies sleep cycles. Which I am always in light sleep I can never fall into deep sleep. I am going to request a sleep study be done when I see the Neurologist on Friday. However, I couldn’t find any information on the brainstem in relation to what I’m experiencing when I breath. I know that for some reason my brain is responding to oxygen being inhaled and exhaled. Every time I breath in or out it is making a “hum” sound in my head. I am going to see a psychiatrist but not until May as my insurance is switching then. I have not heard of a neuro psychiatrist until you mentioned it. Is there a difference? Also what is the Vitamin sticky at the top? I’m unable to find that. Again, thank you for your response as any bit of insight is helpful in my time of struggle right now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
bmf07 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote