View Single Post
Old 04-12-2018, 04:38 PM

5 yr Member

5 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark in Idaho View Post
Bre, First off. Using a smart phone to read this forum means you miss a lot of information. Check it out on a laptop.

I do not think you suffered any brain damage AT ALL. If you did not black out, you were not likely even strangled. Somebody may have TRIED to strangle you. That alone is very traumatic. It can be like my claustrophobia. You likely have a case of PTSD. My mind did similar things after I was stuck in a confined space for a hour.

Stop researching. It will only make things worse. Do you want to get better or worse? Research will raise your PTSD/anxiety levels. Most of what you will find will not even apply to your situation.

A single dose of compazine should not be a big deal.

A benzo like, Ativan, Xanax, Klonopin, etc are mild anti-psychotics.

Brain damage that takes weeks to show up is not from an event like yours. It relates to immediate damage that gets worse over the next few weeks. You did not have any immediate damage. Ignore that idea.

Did you suffer a neck strain/injury? They can cause a myriad of neurological symptoms.

Hi Mark,
Thanks for the tip on using a laptop.
Doctors have also mentioned PTSD as well. However I don’t have any signs or symptoms of it expect for the insomnia. I am a very happy, energetic, fearless, loving life type person. It seems PTSD stems from fear of a particular situation or occurrence, which I don’t have. Also, as for the breathing thing, it completely stops if I am reading or talking. Otherwise it is a constant thing my brain is doing and I am not able to control it. To answer your question about recent neck strain. Yes, during my dystonic reaction (I’m not sure if your familiar with what that is) my head was being pulled backward out of my control so that I was looking straight up at the ceiling. I was also unable to speak, as my tongue felt deformed. It was termed cranial and very severe. Days after the incident my neck was extremely sore. My thoughts are that somehow my brainstem was damage during this reaction? Doctors are quick to turn down my theory and say that one dystonic reaction would not have permanent effects. Do you have thoughts on that? Thanks again for your feedback Mark.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
bmf07 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote