View Single Post
Old 04-13-2018, 08:21 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Dear Rechellef,

I'm sorry to hear about your leg cramps. I get them also, possibly for various reasons. I suspect part of it is because of muscle tiredness related to my myasthenia gravis. In my case, I think I also get dehydrated, and that can make muscle cramps worse. It is harder for me to drink because I tend to choke on liquids, so I have to be more deliberate about it. When I get better hydration, I have less cramps. I don't take all of the supplements that you do, but I do take a few sips of a sports drink (Gatorade) in the evening to reduce the chance of leg cramping at night. This seems to help me. I try to include some foods with potassium in my diet during the week, like avocados, bananas, carrots, and potatoes to name some options. I also try to stretch right before going to bed. I don't do anything particularly special, just a few generalized leg stretches much as you might do before running or other sports.

AnnieB3 is right, though. The best thing is to ask a doctor for advice. They can check and make sure your health is okay otherwise. If the cramping is related to the MG, maybe they will have some recommendations. Best wishes to you!

Take care,
Erin
ErinBear is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
AnnieB3 (04-13-2018)