Thread: Another Thread
View Single Post
Old 04-14-2018, 09:14 AM
Elder

10 yr Member
Elder

10 yr Member

I have a Tysabri infusion on Wednesday. It's supposed to slow down the progression of symptoms of MS by decreasing the number of episodes a patient has, but it doesn't help with acute symptoms.
For many acute relapses, neuro's will prescribe a 3-5 day course of IV solumedrol, but I can't take steroids because they make me manic, which is dangerous. I didn't call my neuro or drop him a note yesterday. I didn't think it was urgent to notify him since I'm not seeking that treatment.
Fortunately, things haven't gotten any worse since yesterday.

I'm having night sweats right now, too. I've had this combination of problems before even though night sweats aren't a sx of MS. I don't remember if it turned out to be a "true relapse" that lasted over 7 days, or it was a pseudo-relapse where my MS went haywire in response to whatever was causing the night sweats (never figured that out). So maybe my current symptoms will get better if the night sweats go away. IDK...

Come Monday, if I'm still having night sweats, I'll call for an appointment with my PCP. I've had some funky blood work for a while, so maybe there's some kind of connection there. Either way, I will drop my neuro a note through the patient portal to let him know what's going on.

My pdoc said that the night sweats could be a symptom of withdrawl because I cut my Klonopin in half tho. I had already bumped it back up yesterday morning because I needed to tho. Maybe that will help?
She's concerned about my anxiety level and said I probably should be taking more even if it makes me sleepy (as long as I'm not driving). She didn't change any of my meds.
"Thanks for this!" says:
bizi (04-14-2018), Dmom3005 (04-14-2018), Mari (04-15-2018), mymorgy (04-14-2018)