View Single Post
Old 09-24-2006, 07:25 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Unhappy

((((((Kristin)))))),

I'm so sorry, honey. It seems like just when you grow up and start getting your life on track and in some kind of 'order' that you start losing the elders.

It's hard. Most of your 'substitute Moms' here have gone through something similar.

The best thing, Kristin, the best thing that you can do is follow your heart. Your heart will tell you when it's time to step in and take control. Your heart will tell you when you need to spend more time with Nana and with your Mom and Dad too.

My way of looking at is -- and this is based on my own experience taking care of my Mom during her last days -- is that the most important relationship now is the one that might be ending soon. We'll have more time for babies and small children. We'll have more time for our parents. The time with the elders (especially if they're not well) might be coming to a close in this realm. You need to do and say everything that's on your mind and in your heart. That'll satisfy your soul during the pain that's to come.

You're loved and cared for by a WHOLE HERD of people here, Kristin. We all hold you and your Nana and your Mom and Dad and the rest of your family in our hearts. Write when you need to. Vent when you need to. We're here for you.

BIG HUGS (and love). And a special prayer for Nana.

Barb
moose53 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote