View Single Post
Old 04-17-2018, 03:27 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

I would say yes, the pred taper is likely the cause of your exacerbation. Please ask the doc if you can go back up to the dosage at which you were more stable. You simply have to have some symptom relief at this point.

Some feel that pred is the most horrible thing in the world. While not ideal, it is life-saving and life-giving when you are looking for another option. I took prednisone for the majority of the last 20 years and I'm very happy to be done with it as of last June, but also very grateful that it was available, as I doubt I'd be alive if it weren't.

Sorry the ER docs have not been helpful. I guess I'm extremely fortunate as I have never encountered flat out ignorance when in my tiny local ER. I've had nurses go out and do a search on MG, but no one has ever tried to doubt my symptoms. That is a real shame.

Sorry about the fibro as well. I suspect that you having that, which is often considered a "trash can diagnosis" does not help your situation. Don't let that get you down, however, because YOU are the expert on your body. Be persistent!
4-eyes is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
pingpongman (04-17-2018)