View Single Post
Old 04-17-2018, 08:20 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Sorry to hear you are in a similar place. I genuinely hope you continue to heal and can enjoy teaching again.

I think I’m ready to let go. I went back to my school last week and although there’s still great friends of mine working there...I am nobody. Yes, I’m Mom, wife, daughter, sister, all those rolls. But what I’d made for me, that’s gone.

I love to go there and then hate myself afterwards because I’m no longer that person. In my field, I am nobody.

I’m done working on getting back there. I need to be at peace with myself. At 5 years nearly 4 months and I am no closer to acceptance. If, someday I should wake up and be healed, then fantastic. I just can’t live on the edge of my seat anymore waiting for my miracle.

How I’ll achieve acceptance, peace and a new found love for myself I’m not sure. But, I’ve turned a corner during this last month. I don’t want to just wear a smile, I want feel the joy that goes with the smile.

QUOTE=BlueSkye1962;1261358]I'm right there with you.

My car accident was last September - a drug dealer was being chased by the police no less BUT I did my civic duty and they at least caught the guy! Though he was probably home out on bail before I was home from the hospital

I too lost my 35+ year teaching career. I miss the little ones terribly! I had just finished my PHD a couple of years ago, so sadly I had not put it to complete use.

My symptoms are pretty much in line with yours as well. It don't dirve and also walk off and leave the stove on.

I just had a neuropsych evaluation a week ago so it'll be interesting to see what it says.[/QUOTE]

*TBI with mild to severe damage November 2012 from car crash. Stroke with hemorage & 4 clots in veins in brain Feb/Mar 2015.

*Vestibular damage, PCS, hypercusis, severe visual processing and tracking issues, short term memory loss, headaches/migraines, occipital neuralgia, cognitive issues, neurological issues, brain fog, brain fatigue when over stimulated, twitching, vertigo, neck issues, nerve issues, PTSD, personality change, Since stroke left side weakness, rage, worsening of vestibular problems, recall, speech, memory.

*Can't drive or work. Have done occupational therapy, cognitive therapy, physical therapy. Learning work arounds, and strategies to be competent in daily life. Change your attitude/perspective changes your life. As TBI survivors this is a vital part of our healing and living.

*Working on getting to know and accept the new me.
Living_Dazed is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote