View Single Post
Old 04-19-2018, 05:51 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Dear winic1,

Yes, when I have had SFEMG testing, they have generally done repeat testing in areas, and they have usually done both sides of the body. The doctor was not just torturing you, or trying to get information for research. It's very hard when they take so long with such an uncomfortable test, and they can't give you the results at the same time. Every time I've had an EMG done, it's been that way, and I've had to wait for the results to be processed. It's always taken much longer than I wished, usually at least a couple weeks, I think.

Whether you go back to see this doctor or not is your choice, but please don't rule that out the doctor on the basis of this test. These tests are always long and uncomfortable, I'm afraid. If this doctor is leaning towards an MG diagnosis, which you've been trying to confirm, maybe it is worth trying to go to the followup appointment even if you wish he had a better bedside manner? You can may want to find out what the SFEMG test results are before you stop seeing this doctor, if that is what you decide to do. That could be useful information for you.

Take care,
Erin
ErinBear is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
AnnieB3 (04-29-2018), pingpongman (04-19-2018)