View Single Post
Old 04-23-2018, 10:24 PM
Newly Joined

5 yr Member
Newly Joined

5 yr Member
Frown Permament damage from jumping down on matress?

A few months ago i sustained a serious concussion by sitting half erect in my bed and then throwing my body back into the bed. Unfortunately i threw myself too hard so instead of hitting my bed i hit a cast iron radiator behind the bed . Now thats bad enough on its own, but the worst part is that 10 days after the incident i was so frustrated about my injury, that i tried to determine the speed of which i hit the radiator with, thus i reenacted the throw, but this time i made sure to hit my matress instead of the radiator.

Afterwards i felt a little bit sleepy and as though i zoned a little bit out - i would compare the symptoms to the symptoms you recieve when heading a soccerball at moderate speed.

Anyway im really worried that this might have destroyed my brain and lead to substantial organic damage and i cant stop beating myself up over the fact that i was so stupid. It just never occured to me that it indeed is possible to gain a concussion from something which ssemingly should have been a low force impact.
thesquirrel is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote