View Single Post
Old 04-25-2018, 06:30 PM
Newly Joined

5 yr Member
Newly Joined

5 yr Member
Unhappy One year ago today, I had a right parietal stroke

I have yet to see a neurologist, they are booked into the fall. Since the stroke, I have continued to have a number of problems. I have a very poor gait, use a cane from left effects. I have TIA's 2-3 times weekly which is ears ringing, RIGHT sided weakness, falling, facial sagging. Vertigo, Kaleidoscope vision. I can no longer feel my right foot. The mental decline has been shocking. There is bowel incontinence, there is significant cognitive decline and I know it. I ran a 20 million dollar a year business. Now I can't get the batteries in the remote. I call my cat, "Mother". I cry inappropriately. I am very aware that these things are happening. Today, I called every neuro who took my insurance, (as well as my insurance co). I called the neuro I was referred to and begged for an appointment. My insurance co couldn't help. I am a 59 year old formerly high functioning successful female. I had a stroke and a post stroke focal seizure. I'm near Venice Florida, I have insurance and I am not getting health care. I'm discouraged, depressed, frightened. They tell me I have bilateral renal stenosis. I'm terrified to have any intervention without a neuro on board. All suggestions are welcomed.
Silver Alert is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote