View Single Post
Old 04-25-2018, 10:25 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Hi Barbie girl, the most important thing is not to give up. I got diagnosed 3 years ago and switched Neuro as well because first one overdosed me on mestinon and I ended up in ICU for 2 weeks. Now I have a wonderful doctor and she gets me, never doubt me even though I am seronegative and I was diagnosed based on my symptoms only. I carry a note
From my neuro in my wallet stating that I have MG so if I ever end up in ER I show it to the doctor there. Then it's not just what you tell them my diagnoses are but it's an official note so they don't question another doctor.
Anyways, I wanted to tell you my experience with ivig. First I was taking it for 2 days in a row every 4 weeks. I was ready to give up on it as I didn't see results. Then we switched the brand of ivig and things got better. The more times I had my ivig the better I would feel after. I could tell it started working but I would have 2 to 3 good weeks and then 1 bad week right before next infusion. My Dr suggested we switch to infusion every 3 weeks and it's amazing how now I'm symptoms free 98% of time. Stopped taking prednisone April last year and I take mestinon only in the morning 60 mg. Also I'm on Imuran for last 2 years. All I'm trying to say by sharing my experience is that maybe give it little more time? I guess ivig is type of medication that is suppose to make you better almost immediately but in my case I needed time. Also how much ivig you get suppose to be based on your weight. My doctor gave me little extra.
I hope you will get better soon. I remember that I was saying exactly what you are saying now that I should get used to my new normal because I won't feel good like before ever again. Be your own advocate and don't give up. It will get better. It has to!
plmonica is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
pingpongman (04-26-2018)