Thread: 4 months in
View Single Post
Old 04-28-2018, 12:36 AM
Newly Joined

5 yr Member
Newly Joined

5 yr Member

I’ve been taking b-12, fish oil, Klamath algae, a potent ‘green drink’ called vita mineral green, lions mane and juiced celery. The celery is supposed to be good for inflammation and I notice at helps reduce the amount of pain I experience.

My doctor has not put me on any medication. I live somewhere quite rural and the only neurologist in the part of Colorado I live in has admitted he doesn’t know much about concussions and doesn’t want to try any medications. I have been referred to a Multidisciplinary Concussion clinic in Denver, but because they will not accept outside referrals, i first have to visit their Epilepsy clinic (even though I don’t think I’m actually having seizures) to get a referral to the concussion clinic. The soonest available appointment isn’t until July, so I’m just operating under the instructions to ‘just rest as much as I can’

Good advice about the sofa- it’s definitely hard on my neck. Unfortunately I don’t have another option until next month when it gets warmer and I can move into my camper (which has a tempurpedic bed) .. do you think the twitching could be due to neck injury? I’m not totally clear on the extent of what happened when I was attacked. I had two large painful lumps on the back of my head, and evidence that I was struck in the nose, but total amnesia of the attack itself. My best detective work has worked out that I was likely shoved into a brick wall multiple times and punched in the face. I’ve had a lot of neck pain since, but my doctors refused to do any further imaging when an X-ray came out normal.
kaseyjetpilot is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote