View Single Post
Old 04-28-2018, 01:02 AM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Thanks very much.
I have a PhD and work at a place that is very selective. And my work involves maths and stats.

With the test my IQ turned out so low. I am assuming they compare me with peers of my education level. In Maths I was only better than 10% of respondents, and so on. So the test writeup says low IQ and possibility of exaggeration!

My fear is that this "possibility of exaggeration" is scaring me. I have to establish trust with them, and trust might be broken for me to be admissible to Disability pension. I am also insulted by the results of the tests, I have a feeling that the examiners were harsh (they are at a doctor's office that sells the treatments LLT, and neuro feedback).

I feel I can do better by pushing myself, perhaps take an anti-nausea pill before the exam, and bite the bullet (take the risk of increased symptoms for the following months). It just so happened also that I had a break-up the day before the exam (its second day, it was divided in 3 days), and my sx were to start with not so good that day. So overall I think I can do better.

So if I can afford another test, I would perhaps do another one. But I wonder, if I do not, and go with the one I have, whether they will believe me, that I am not malingering, that there is so much I can do with my eyes. As I type this post, I use one eye, I take breaks, look away, then relax my eyes, then get back to it. This is how I have been doing things over the last 2 years. There are days (such as the exam day) where things are worse, I cannot even look at the screen (so I wouldn't be even able to write this post).

I am stuck between a rock and a hard thing

PS: Mark, you are right about closing one eye, but this has puzzled me and the doctors that it does not help much. I am going to write another post about my situation later.
bachissimo is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote