View Single Post
Old 04-28-2018, 07:08 AM

5 yr Member

5 yr Member
Heart

Usually when I feel as if I am improving there is a slide backwards but I have continued to hold onto the progress. All in all I believe I have made perhaps a 20% improvement, or maybe more. Most has just happened over the last few weeks. I have made no changes and the only thing I can attribute it to is time, patience and this forum for encouragement.

One note in clarification,....I had posted awhile back that I started Metformin for my high glucose levels but I did not continue with the meds and so that has not been a factor in the improvement.

I am very optimistic and for the first time in a very long time I believe I might still salvage my limbs and a life. I am hopeful and grateful for all the small signs of improvement. Just now I was outside for that morning smoke and I remembered posting here that one morning my legs completely gave away and I slowly sank down to the ground. I remember several mornings after that dang morning smoke that I stumbled or crawled inside to fall into the sofa. I have had none of that in weeks.

For any newcomers that might be reading here, what has helped me much is keeping a PN journal and writing down some random notes here and there. The mind forgets and the process is very long and slow. It is only by reading back that I can realize how far I have come and this journal has been a helpful tool in keeping me sober and giving me hope. Give it a try!

Best regards to all my friends here and thanks for letting me share.
SecondChances is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Icehouse (04-28-2018), kiwi33 (04-28-2018), PamelaJune (04-29-2018), Wide-O (04-29-2018)